Monday, August 13, 2012

Aug. 13 water temps. on the Farmy





I headed up the Farmington today - all the way to Massachusetts where it enters the Colebrook Reservoir.  The dam release this morning was 57cfs and there was 44cfs reported from the Still.


Usually this part of the river is deep and holds fish.





As I continued on down it did not get any better. More grass growing than water!






 And as I got closer to the Colebrook Damn I noticed the old highway bridge starting to poke up from the water. I did not see this bridge the last time I drove up here which was two weeks ago.





Here is the Colebrook Dam in the background. No boats in the water which I would imagine is because the water level is too far below the boat ramp.


Then I continued to the Still River and stopped at the USGS monitor station. This morning the Still was 44cfs and at 11:15 am I took a water temperature (wt) of 72F and the air temperature (at) was 76F. I taped my thermometer on a stick so that it was approximately 3" above river bottom and used that for the readings today. I also walked out to the deepest part of each stop (which wasn't too far) to take the temperature. The water at each stop was above my knees.

At the Hogback Dam pool I  wt was 62F   at was 76F  @11:40am

At a pool above the Beaver Hole (.4 mile down river)  wt was 64F    at was 77F   @12:00pm


At the Hogback Road pool   wt was 65F    at was 77   @12:10pm


At Riverton Bridge    wt was 66F    at was 77F   @12:20pm


At the Gas Pipeline, which is just above the baseball field and after the still dumps into the Farmy
the wt was 72F   at was 79   @ 12:30pm


At Church Pool   wt was 72F    at was 79F   @ 12:45pm

At Greenwoods   wt was 74F    at was 79F   @  12:55pm



At the Riverton Bridge - same location as last river report.








At Whittemore's Pool - same location as last week.
















1 comment:

  1. I guess it's one of those years. Hopefully, September will bring rains.

    ReplyDelete