Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Summer of 2013 will be one for the books

The title of the blog says it all. This is going to be one fantastic summer.

First of all my oldest son, Brian is getting married in August to Christie, a lovely young lady. I absolutely adore her and they are the perfect couple.

Brian and Christie


So I have a big wedding to go to in August out in Wyoming.
That's right. Wyoming!! Yee-haw. Home to open ranges, cowboys and big rivers for fishing.

You heard me right. Fishing. Mother and son fishing....hopefully if plans go accordingly.

I am heading out a week or so before the wedding and Brian and I are going to try to get out. He wants to learn some two handed casting and at the same time we can fish together. It has been a long time since we got to fish together, it should be a memorable time.

Christie won't mind because she is an avid outdoors kinda gal as well. She likes to hunt, fish and go camping right along with Brian. Christie asked me to tie some boutonnieres for the wedding so I did a dozen of 'em based on salmon fly patterns. I can't show any pictures of them yet because their big debut will be on their wedding day. After the wedding I will share some pictures. I was pretty nervous making the flies but all in all I think they are great. Better yet, Brian and Christie love them.


So now I am going to start tying some flies for the trip. Maybe even make a wedding box of special flies. One for Brian and one for Christie.






No comments:

Post a Comment