Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Should I stay or should I go now?

It's not just a song but the one thought that keeps hounding me for the moment.

What to do, what to do? Stay or go?

I had this steelhead trip planned for two months now. This Connecticut winter has been rough by some accounts, for me, it reminds my of a typical New England snowy winter. Almost 70" of snow so far and brother, it has been cold.

I did have one goal for the winter and that was to fish for steelie atleast once a month starting with October.
I did Oct.,






Nov.,








Dec.






missed Jan. - doh! - and here I am, one day before I am supposed to take off for my February trip.
And as always, I start checking the weather for Pulaski.

It does appear as there will be a slight warm up for the next couple of days, and actually Friday was looking to be the pick of the trip with the temperature maybe hitting the 40s. Of course, there is a predicted  bit of a cooling for Sat. and Sun. but like I mentioned, cold weather doesn't bother me too much.

But there is a weather condition that just plain ol' chaps my waders.
It has four letters.

Wind.


There. Take that you fishing Gods you! I wrote it and now I am saying it. Wind. Wind. Wind.
Wind for Friday.
Wind for Saturday.
How much wind? 22mph NNW wind is the forecast for Pulaski.

Should I stay or should I go?

Two out of three days. Sheesh...
Should I stay or should I go?

But I want to land another steelie on the swing.
Should I stay or should I go?

Guess you will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment